Monday, February 23, 2009

Annoyance Marches Onward to the Oscars and Beyond!


So "Man on Wire" took home the award for Best Documentary feature............yawn. As most of you know, I did not like this film. Okay, it had its moments but they were overpowered by the irritating energy that radiated out of the movie's subject,it was almost like a musk, that's how bad it was. The man at the center of this film, Phillipe, was just very very unlikeable to me. I seem to be alone here, because the rest of the world seems to genuinely enjoy this film. So if I hated the film (the guy really) and it wins an award, I should get a clue, right? I don't think so, I stand my ground on this one, sorry folks. I did find the actual act of crossing the towers of the WTC on a high-wire amazing, but I felt that the flow of the movie was very clunky and awkwardly punctuated by the peppering of weirdly paced bantering by Phillipe. Unfortunately I haven't been able to catch any of the other films nominated, but shit man, honestly, I don't see the greatness in "Man on Wire" and I think anything is better than this guy:



Even on TV for 45 seconds he turns my stomach

That is all, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

No comments: